Thursday 24 October 2013

ReOrientation

Over the next couple of months I will be using this Blog to chronicle my journey through the final stages of my Masters Degree at Bath Spa University.

I joined the MA Design: Ceramics programme in October 2011, funded by The Arts and Humanities Research Council.


During this time I have worked on several 'live' projects, including 'Pigeon English' at the Holburne Museum, 'The Cornerstone Project' for Triodos Bank, and was shortlisted for the Bath Spa Porthleven Prize 2013

Last year, to satisfy my ongoing interest in collections, curating and cultures of display, I was invited by Dr. Jo Dahn to attend selected MA: Curatorial Practice lectures at Corsham Court. In parallel to the taught Masters programme I have undertaken independent research in a variety of areas and have participated in an exemplary programme of Master Classes and Lecture Series presented by leading contemporary practitioners including; Takeshi Yasuda, Carol McNicoll, Bouke de Vries, Louisa Taylor, Anna Barlow, Nick Lees, Grayson Perry, Paul Scott, Moira Vincentelli, James Beighton, Conor Wilson, Neil Brownsword, Dan Allen and Mike Tooby. 

I have been fortunate to have had Jane Gibson and Keith Harrison, Jerwood Makers prize winner 2011 and Ceramics Resident at the V&A 2012-13, as my lead tutors throughout the Masters Degree.









No comments:

Post a Comment